Sunday, September 20, 2009

Montana

This was my third trip to Montana.  There's always a bit of anxiety for me around visiting because we are visiting my boyfriend's family, the people who may be my future in-laws....someday.   This year his mother really encouraged us to visit during the chokecherry festival; a weekend festival where they close main street and have 200 plus vendors with all kinds of items for sale. The festival kicked off with the Kiwanis club making pancakes and scrambled eggs with chokecherry jam.  The day ended with a chokecherry stomp at the fair grounds, there was a live band, dancing, food and beverages.  I of course made Jay dance with me, which he loved.....
I have come to realize that small communities around the nation have berry festivals, not to mention beer, wine, cheese, religious, and cultural festivals.  Where I'm from there's a blackberry festival and the town I currently live in holds a cranberry festival.  Festivals are a joyous way to socialized with community members and support local crafts or small businesses, among other reasons.  I can't forget all the great food festivals have to offer. 
Anyways, as much as I look for differences between Montana and Oregon there certainly are similarities too.         

No comments:

Post a Comment